Sliding back into a downtempo thing with BOOZOO BAJOU, a Nuremberg dj/producer duo who has apparently been around for years but this is my first happy encounter. It’s a big world out there and there is no end to newness and novelty. There are universes that I’ve never set foot in, so it looks like boredom will always be the least of my worries. I’m just happy to be a part of all this
I like when the YouTubers lay out a timed track list so I can jump back to a favorite jam. Right sporting of them, really.
- 01. Boozoo Bajou – Yma (0:00)
- 02. Boozoo Bajou – Camioux (6:30)
- 03. Boozoo Bajou – Night Over Manaus (12:02)
- 04. Boozoo Bajou – Divers (18:21)
- 05. Boozoo Bajou – Bakar (23:23)
- 06. Boozoo Bajou – Down & Out (28:38)
- 07. Boozoo Bajou – Yoruba Road (34:44)
- 08. Boozoo Bajou – Under My Sensi (40:21)
- 09. Boozoo Bajou – Lava (46:22)
- 10. Boozoo Bajou – Satta (51:13)
So tonight is the night that American blow shit up. That sounds more dismissive than it feels. It’s written with a degree of humor. Who doesn’t at least secretly love fireworks? Even us scabby cynics who don’t jump aboard the celebration of nations and borders. It’s going to be strange too to be out with millions of others in a relatively newly opened city.
Note to self: Wear a mask and bring hand sanitizer. Then insert laugh-until-you-cry emoji here.